How do I get started?
You have two options to learn how the Classical Pilates method can best meet your needs based on your fitness level and goals:
- Attend one of the open and free information sessions at the studio
- Call the studio at 615.945.7715 and discuss your needs and goals with Cynthia
If you consider yourself to be in good physical condition and really do not have any questions to get started,
- Try a Pilates Mat or Equipment class session - go to The Hidden You's on-line scheduling system, create an account and sign up for a class.
- Request a private or duet session - call the studio and schedule personally with Cynthia.
What can I expect during a session at The Hidden You (in the studio)?
- Sessions and/or classes are 55 minutes in length.
- Initially, classes are offered at the Beginner and Intermediate levels. As students progress, the schedule will be adjusted to accommodate more advanced levels.
- The Pilates method is taught with a layering of information. Each session builds on skills established in prior sessions to provide lasting and meaningful change.
- The studio session/class will be limited to the number of individuals noted for the session/class (based on equipment availability).
What can I expect during an open non-studio class session instructed by The Hidden You staff?
- The non-studio classes (designated in class name) are open to all levels.
- Classes are 55 minutes in length.
- The Pilates method is taught with a layering of information. Each class builds on skills established in prior sessions to provide lasting and meaningful change.
- The non-studio session can be larger (max of 15)
What Do I Wear?
- Workout pants or capris that do not have belt loops, buttons or zippers. If you choose to wear shorts, please wear compression shorts underneath.
- Workout tops should be modest and comfortable.
- Shoes are to be removed upon entering the studio.
- Socks can be worn but for safety purposes you may be asked to remove them for certain exercises.
What if the class offerings do not meet my needs?
During the business start-up, several class offerings. The schedule and offerings will be modified based on participation. If the schedule does not meet your needs, please let us know. All efforts will be made to be as flexible and accommodating as possible realizing that all requests may not be able to be fulfilled.
What if a group wants to schedule a class?
Definitely! If a group of friends wish to practice Pilates together, please contact the studio to schedule a private class format. Minimum attendance requirements will be established based on the equipment you select.